Sunday, April 24, 2011

SuperIma Sunday Check-in: Passover Knocked-Out Edition

I'm grateful that this seems to be becoming the trend here on the Frugal Ima SuperIma Sunday Check in: I love you guys.  LOVE YOU.  I think that the vast majority of everyone who reads this blog volunteered to be a beta reader for my book, and the cockles of my heart were totally warmed.  And even though I put out the call for readers just a week ago, I've already received three sets of feedback, and two of them were super-detailed and fabulous.  That's fast, people, and that's love and support.  So thank you, truly.

Our Seders were INCREDIBLE, and thankfully started before 7:00 each night and were short and sweet.  (They would have started earlier, but one or more of our family members may have pushed back the time a little.  So, our fault.)  We traveled for both of them, meaning that our kids got to bed around midnight both nights, and then woke up at their usual 5:30 (Why?????)

On Tuesday, after the two seders, everyone in our family fell asleep on the living room floor at some point.  We stayed in there vegging and watching TV all day, and  I didn't get ANYTHING done on my writing.  It felt so strange to me to get absolutely nothing accomplished, as in N-O-T-H-I-N-G.  Not even a load of laundry.  Clearly, it was necessary.

Then, on Wednesday, all the kids came down with a cough and general ickiness.  Asthma Boy (AKA Rami) is still wheezy and even losing his voice a little.  No one has slept well all week.  Last night, I was awake with one or the other at 1:00, 3:00, then up for the day at 5:00.  I am beyond exhausted.  Even as I type this, (9:13   PM) two out of three are up.

This is my mantra:  The children are a blessing.  I will miss this when they are grown.  I believe it.  I really do.  Just one night of sleep would help me believe it a little more.

This week has got to be a buckle-down-and-write week.

I still have 7,000 words to go till I hit my goal, but that's really an arbitrary number.  I'd say I have at least 3,000 to 4,000 left to tie up my story, write up scenes I've dreamed up by really have a sketch of, etc.

That's about 800 words a day, plus a lot more editing.  Everything has got to slide in order for me to do this.  Everything.

What about you, sweet Supers?  What are you going to do to make a little room for you in the craziness of this week?  What's going to move to the side to let you do it?

You are doing an incredible job.  Hugs.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Leigh Ann! I just wanted to stop by and say I really love your blog(s)! :-) I came across it actually looking for guitar chords for a couple of the ShirLaLa Pesach songs!

    I'm an Ima's-helper for the most wonderful Orthodox family, have been with them for almost 2 years now so even though I'm not actually Jewish (and not a day goes by that I don't think about that!!), I sing the songs (knowing what they mean), know basic phrases and brachot - all wholeheartedly, and have a heart full of joy and faith and am firmly ensconced in that world. I guess you could say I'm in the midst of a bit of a spiritual identity crisis?! Hehe.

    Anyway. Sorry!! That was a bit rambling and random. I hope you keep writing and sharing your journey!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! They make my day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...