Sunday, March 20, 2011

SuperIma Sunday Check-in: Purim, Insane!

Hi, Everyone.

This is going to be another one of those ultra-boring SuperIma Sunday check-ins where I tell you how exhausted I am.  Ho-hum.

This week was ridiculously busy.  Last Friday, we drove from Kansas to Ohio with all the stuff we'd need for seven weeks in the trunk of our SUV.  This Wednesday, I had to be in Columbus, then Thursday, I had to be there again.  Friday, David drove the hour from Columbus to Dayton for Shabbat.  Saturday, David and I drove to Columbus and back again to hear megillah.  Sunday, we drove everyone to Columbus and back again for the Purim carnival.  Finally, Sunday night, David drove back to Columbus for the week.  Columbus is only about an hour and fifteen minutes from Dayton, so you'd think it's not a big deal, but eventually? It makes you feel kind of crazy.

And somehow, in those eight days, David and I got pulled over four times and got two traffic tickets between us.  I'm not going to tell you the sordid and embarrassing tales of each of these things.  I think it's better to let your imaginations run wild.  I don't know about you, but I always feel horrible and guilty and scolded when I get pulled over by a cop - not a fun feeling for an almost-thirty-year-old to have.  Thank God I have a husband who coddles me on these things, and just took my ticket, told me he'd pay it, and promised not to tell me how much it cost.  Love you, sweetie.

And my Conversations with People about Things I could be Doing as a Professional?   One went very well and one was...interesting.  I don't have a solid answer on either, but I do have a followup to one this week on Wednesday, so I'm still in need of EVERYONE to root for me.  I would tell you more, really, I would, but I don't know how many of those People read this blog or hear about it, and besides, it's unProfessional!  But if I do end up Doing something as a Professional I'll tell you the whole story.  I promise.

This week my check-in is about something a little different I want to do for myself.  I follow a lot of blogs (I'm a Google Reader addict), and I'm always coming across posts that make me nod my head and say, "Yes!  Omigod, ME TOO!"  and then I scroll down to the next post and keep reading.  I don't comment, usually, no matter how moved I am by the post, sometimes even to tears.  It's a bad habit, and I expect to have to answer for it someday.

Anyway, this week a blog I follow religiously made a post that really spoke to me.  Like, really.  And not only did I comment on the post, but I sent the author an email, and she wrote back to me.  And she said incredible things.  Understanding things, supportive things, things that made me feel hopeful.  I haven't replied to her email because every time I do I start to cry, and I really don't have the time for a good cry now (maybe tomorrow.)  So, if you're reading this...thank you.

 Even if it didn't solve my non-problems, it did make me feel like I wasn't alone.  That's the magic of blogs, everyone.  I know I love it when you comment here, it makes me feel really good.  I'm loving the connection.  It's so edifying.  So I'm going to make it my SuperIma me-time goal this week to comment on three blogs a day that really speak to me, to let them know that I appreciate them, and they are making a difference.

Oh, and as far as letting something slide?  Shoot, I'm staying with my parents - I really just have two rooms and a kitchen to clean, and laundry.  And cooking.  And a playroom to clean up.  Um, I guess I do have to resolve to let something slide after all.  So, my mom is crazy about laundry.  It's in a good way, for her, but the way she washes everything as soon as it's dirtied, and does laundry on a pretty much constant basis, makes me, who does it twice a week, feel a little frantic.  I can't stand putting away laundry every day.  So I'm going to hide my laundry from my mom so that I'm in control of when I have to switch, fold, and stash, darn it!

(Excuse my rambling post.  This transition has been pretty hard on Asher, and I'm typing the end of this post on the phone, in the dark, because he's in bed next to me watching How to Train Your Dragon.)


What about you?  How are you going to take care of yourselves this week, and what are you going to push a bit to the side in order to make space to do it?
Have a great week, everyone! You're doing an incredible job.

Well, this week

5 comments:

  1. I love your post with all the capital letters about doing things as a Professional. It made me smile so much!!! This week, I'm re-learning the Bernstein clarinet sonata and learning a wickedly hard klezmer piece for a recital I agreed to be in... exactly 3 days after a trip to Washington, D.C. with 8 teenagers for Panim. Whew! I should really be practicing and not blogging :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOU are doing a great job...packing up a house and 3 kids to move in less than two weeks?? Amazing...packing up your car with everything you'll need for 7 weeks AND anticipating the change in seasons? Amazing...living with your parents for said 7 weeks?? REALLY amazing. Just so you know.

    Last week, I let the laundry slide a bit...instead of doing it twice, I only did it once. Of course, that meant I had about 10 loads (for 3 people and a dog...crazy) but it was nice to not think about it until Sunday. This week, I'm sure a LOT will slide. We have Ari's party on Saturday (ohmygosh I can't believe its been a YEAR already!!) and professional photos AND another a birthday party on Sunday. My goal? Try REALLY HARD to get enough exercise and sleep. The sleep is the hardest part for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've gotten one warning and two tickets in my lifetime (50 now). All three times I was PMSing and about to cry over something or other. Rather than pay the most recent ticket a few years back, I went to traffic school. Trust me, that cost me more than just paying the ticket would have!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And somehow, in those eight days, David and I got pulled over four times and got two traffic tickets between us. I'm not going to tell you the sordid and embarrassing tales of each of these things. I think it's better to let your imaginations run wild. I don't know about you, but I always feel horrible and guilty and scolded when I get pulled over by a cop - not a fun feeling for an almost-thirty-year-old to have. bed sheets online shopping , winter comforter sets , gul ahmed bed sheets sale 2018 , fancy bed covers design , double duvet covers , double bed razai , five seater sofa cover , velvet plush sheets Thank God I have a husband who coddles me on these things, and just took my ticket, told me he'd pay it, and promised not to tell me how much it cost. Love you, sweetie.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! They make my day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...