Friday, July 23, 2010

Pirate Control

This morning  I was walking downstairs to get ready for the day.  I looked up to see a giant cockroach moseying across the playroom floor.


Okay, so what do you do in that situation?


Because what I do is grab one of the kids' toyboxes and trap the (remarkably slow-moving) vermin.


Then I realize that, hey, I'm holding a (sluggish) cockroach in a tupperware box.* 


If I set it free, it'll go back into the house.  Right?


So it has to stay in the box.  But not in the box in the house.  Right?

IMG_9219


So I put it on the back porch on the boys' play table.  Still in the box.  Which makes perfect sense.  Right?

Then I realized which toy box I had grabbed - the one that held the boys' pirate toys.


Which reminded me of this:
pirates


So, yeah, cockroach pirates -  Be Ye Warned.


(Okay, but seriously, what do I do with this cockroach?)
_____
*On a tangentially related note, this also happened to me in Philadelphia in 2003, except that cockroach was about twice this size and fast as lightning.  I killed him in a RAID assault from the stairs and then, inexplicably, entombed him in a ziploc baggie.  He stayed in there for a good couple weeks.  David named him Lenin, then threw him in the dumpster.  Good times.

1 comment:

Thanks for your comments! They make my day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...